Monday, July 1, 2013

Sad Day in the Firefighter Community

July 1st. 2013
 
It is a very sad day here in Arizona and in my community of firefighter brothers and sisters.

You have probably all heard the news stories about the 19 young firefighters from the Granite Mountain Hot Shots that lost their lives on June 30th, 2013 while fighting the Yarnell Hill fire in south of Prescott Arizona.


Granite Mountain Hot Shots - Rest in Peace
God Speed Brothers ~ We'll take it from here.

Please keep the families, friends and loved ones of these young men, boys really, in your thoughts and prayers.

I have been a firefighter my entire adult life and started out working as a Hot Shot on my 18th birthday. 35 years later I am still on the job and my heart is breaking for the thought of these young lives that have been so tragically snuffed out. I knew several of these lost souls and their families personaly.

Also keep all the families that have lost their homes and all of their possessions during this tragic incident. My sister-in-law and her husband were amoung those who have lost everything.

Please support your local firefighters as they put their lives on the line every day to protect you and your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment