Monday, February 11, 2013

Travel / Life Companions

Kristie and I have long been full partners in life. We have known each other for nearly 30 years and have been together for over 20 trips around the sun.



I'm pretty sure I would be featured on one of those weird hoarder TV shows if I didn't have Miss K to keep me on the straight and narrow. If left to my own devices I tend to "collect" things. We have a running back and forth conversation about how we need to simplify our lives (her view) and my assertion that what we really need is more storage space. Thankfully this tendancy doesn't seem to afflict me when I'm out and about. When I'm away from home I become a "less is more" kinda guy.

It is as much a function of physics as anything else. There just isn't that much room available on my Harley, a river raft, or a sailboat. The new RV does give me a little too much space to play with, after all it does have a garage. I'm trying really hard to keep the weight down as it has a pretty strong impact on fuel economy and I am, at my foundation, kinda cheap.

The RV purchase came after a couple of years of looking at a variety of options but I kept coming back to the Damon Outlaw. This was strongly influenced by my love of riding my Harley balanced against my brides need for a comfortable platform for us to make extended road trips with our pair of Boston Terrorists in tow. The shake down cruise for our home on wheels is still five months away but there will be a couple of short excursions as soon as the winter snows and freezing temperatures abate... C'mon Spring

No comments:

Post a Comment